This is an incredibly easy no-cook recipe created by my husband and me a couple of years ago. We were house sitting in the country one beautiful summer in a gorgeous (and huge!) home, complete with one of the best gardens I’ve ever had the pleasure to encounter. Every day we harvested fresh, delicious produce including some of the most fragrant cilantro we had ever tasted. One night, we decided to play around with the idea of a sweet guacamole, and Guacanana (gwah-kah-NAH-nah) was born.
- One medium ripe haas avocado
- One medium ripe banana
- ½ T Inglehoffer Honey Mustard
- ½ cup sweet onion, minced
- 2-3 T cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cutting board
- Dinner fork
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Chop into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel banana and slice into ½ inch cubes.
- Place avocado and banana into bowl. Using a dinner fork, mash together to achieve desired consistency. For a chunkier dip, mash ingredients just until they are mixed evenly.
- Stir in the onion, cilantro, and honey mustard.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, pita, or with anything one would normally pair with guacamole.
Recipe created by Casey W. and Tiffany A. Ingle